- Produced by Prince Charles Cinema
- Price Standard tickets £8
- Get ready for the soundtrack. You’ve forgotten how good it is.
- Bring along the friends you’ve been texting ‘It’s all happening!’ to for the past 17 years
- Surf to Tickets
- See you at Prince Charles Cinema
Where can you really start with Cameron Crowe’s semi-autobiographical Almost Famous?
Philip Seymour Hoffman as the almost inimitable Lester Bangs. The music. Patrick Fugit’s breakout role. Billy Crudup at his most enigmatic. Everything Kate Hudson does. Frances McDormand as everyone ever’s Mum. That plane scene. That restaurant scene. The whole damn film, really.
We find our anti-hero, the young William, stuck in 1973, the death rattle of rock and roll, writing for zines and being driven to writing gigs by his over-protective Mum. Then, by the fate of one well-timed phone call from Rolling Stone, he finds himself on the road with Stillwater and the Band Aids, and nothing will ever be the same again.
On Monday 20th March Almost Famous comes to Prince Charles Cinema, providing all of us with the chance to say “THIS IS A HOUSE OF LIES” once more.