- Produced by The National Portrait Gallery
- Price £13, £10.50 concessions
- Get ready for a look behind the mask
- Bring along selfie queens
- Surf to NPG
- See you at National Portrait Gallery
Bringing together for the first time the work of French Surrealist artist Claude Cahun and British contemporary artist Gillian Wearing.
See the two artists' work side by side in this new exhibition at the NPG. Although they were born almost seventy years apart and came from different backgrounds, remarkable parallels can be drawn between Cahun and Wearing. Both of them share a fascination with the self-portrait and use the self-image, through the medium of photography, to explore themes around identity and gender, which is often played out through masquerade and performance.